Making the Move

(The metro station close to the apartment)



Last week was my final week commuting to Virginia. For the last three and half years I have been commuting between Virginia and Ohio. I had a small apartment in Arlington and would drive back to Ohio on the weekends. However since we decided to raise livestock for commercial sale, we have been preparing for my return full time to Ohio.

By the end of the summer we were in a good position to make the move, so in September I tendered my resignation. I was very fortunate to have worked with the folks I did and the same goes for the company I was employed with; they were all great group of folks.

But the time has come to prepare fields, repair fences, continue to work on the house, and raise pasture broilers and fresh eggs. Winter is going to cause us to slow down, but we will be in a much better position come spring.

So with a little trepidation, but a large amount of excitement, we are ready to enter the commercial farming market.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Brian & Beth,

I wish you much success. I am confident that you will do great. You have always succeed when you put your mind to it; this will be no different.

Love to you.
Brian said…
Thanks Colleen, I really appreciate your words and look forward to you guys coming down soon.

Popular Posts