Our Farm Boots

One of the aims of this weblog is to serve as a resource for other homesteaders. We figure by sharing how we do things it might help others get started and going on a new homestead; and also, by informing others we might get some feedback to improve our way as well. With that said we also would like to pass on those who read this the purchases that we found useful, sturdy and well built, and worth the money to buy. You can find more information about products we recommend through the label "products-we-buy." We're not advocating any company; we just want to pass on products that will hold up because homesteading is about saving money, living simple, getting the most out of something, and putting what little money you make into bettering the farm.

So first one in the hopper are the boots I bought for this winter, the Wetland Muck Boot. Over the last couple of years I’ve tried a number of boots and all had their pluses and minus, but the Wetland has performed extremely well...so far. The grip is great walking up the wet muddy hills we have here; they keep your feet dry; and their extremely comfortable to wear all day.

I had purchased Muck Chores a couple of years ago and they did okay, but they weren’t as comfortable as the Wetland.

I found out about these one day when I was buying some chicken feed at the feed store run by an Amish family. Talking with the husband he told me they thought the Wetland was the best they have used. So I gave it a shot and have been happy with them. I figured if it’s good enough for the Amish I know I’ll get my money out them.

One point this guy told me that's worth passing on too; they buy new Mucks every year. They found that after one year of heavy use the boots have about had it, and I’d agree. I tried to get two years out of my Chores and while the lower half was in good shape, the neoprene tops were pretty well torn up.

Well I hope this was helpful, and if you have any comments, lets us know.

Comments

Popular Posts